The article will let you learn how to get back YouTube on Fire Stick. It’s the most unlucky casualty of the continuation of battle between Google and Amazon. It’s the world’s huge video streaming and distributing platform. and no doubt we had loved its existence on Amazon FireStick. Google has withdrawn the YouTube app from FireStick and Fire TV platforms by following Amazon’s insistence to not host some of the most famous Google applications on its store.
As you can now easily jailbreak your FireStick to reach unlimited free content with the help of Kodi Addons, YouTube is still the one best and must-have apps for Fire Stick . Let’s Check out how to get it back.
How to Install YouTube TV on Amazon FireStick
Though we know that YouTube is not officially available on Amazon FireStick and Fire TV devices, I can guarantee that we will be just very fine without it. We have YouTube TV for FireStick, an alternate that lets you play all the videos from YouTube you can even sign-up with the same ID of Google.when you can’t get this fill-in app from the Amazon App Store, you can easily side-load the app on your FireStick. I will show you how to download YouTube TV on Fire Stick. Keep reading!
Pro Tip: Take a VPN for Fire Stick to bypass online surveillance, ISP throttling, and geo-blocking of content on Netflix / YouTube.
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources on FireStick
YouTube is not any longer displayed as an official application on FireStick. So, we have to download it from the third-party source. Android devices have a defaulted security feature that wouldn’t let you download such applications.
You might think that this could be unsafe and I do agree with you. No doubt YouTube TV FireStick app that we are going to set is completely safe. his security feature is only for the malicious apps that might sneak in some malware or virus onto your system.
We do have to enable the ‘Unknown Sources’ that is known as the part of the security settings. This will allow you to download any apps that are basically not from Amazon Store and Fire Stick is considered ‘unknown’.
Here is the procedure that guides how to do that:
- Attach your FireStick device to the TV and turn it on. Also, connect it to the internet as well.
- Go to the “Settings” menu on the top. When you are on the FireStick home screen you will be able to see the menu bar. Take help from your remote to find the location.
- Tap on the device on the list of the options visible on the settings.
- Choose ‘Developer’ Options on the display.
Highlight and Tap ‘APPS’ from the Unknown sources for the status change.
- You will be displayed a warning notification that says the potential risk involved with turning Unknown Sources on. select ‘Turn on’. As I said, YouTube TV is totally safe.
- I do recommend you is to disable the ‘apps from Unknown Sources’ again when the YouTube TV is installed. You can always turn it back ON whenever you need to install any other third-party app or service.
Step 2: Install Downloader App on Fire TV Stick
Here we will install the app known as Downloader. We will be needing this application to download the APK file of YouTube TV for FireStick.
If you are not confirmed about the APK file, Just read the quick and brief overview mentioned below.
APK is basically an executable file for the Android platform. It is taken to EXE on windows and DMG on Mac operating systems. The APK file is needed to install as well as run the apps on Android
For the installation of YouTube on Fire Stick, you will be needing the APK File. To achieve the APK file, Downloader app should be present.
Once the installation of the Downloader app is completed, Now, move on with the process of installation of YouTube on Fire Stick.
Step 3: Uninstall Official YouTube App if You Still Have It
YouTube TV app for the FireStick may behave unpredictable if you still have the official YouTube app form the Google. let’s quickly delete the ‘no-longer-working’ YouTube from our device.
- Open the Settings from the top menu bar on the FireStick home screen.
- Open ‘Applications’
- Select ‘Manage Installed Applications’
- Choose YouTube from the list and tap Uninstall. Do follow the instructions.
All is now set to install YouTube on Fire Stick.
Step 4: Steps to Install YouTube TV on Fire Stick
It’s now the moment to get to the real aim. To get Amazon FireStick YouTube using the Downloader app we just set up. The upcoming process is going to be quick and easy.
I will guide you how to download the YouTube TV APK file from a third-party website. Here i am again guaranteeing you that this website is totally trustworthy and safe.
This way you will be more confident about its viability and security.
Follow the steps mentioned below to install YouTube on Fire Stick.
- Open the Downloader app, just in the situation if you closed it.
- Click the “Select” button to enable the onscreen keyboard. If any of the URL is typed in the address bar locate to the ‘Clear’ button (bottom left on the onscreen keyboard) and press it
- Type the following address with the help of on screen keyboard. https://smartyoutubetv.github.io. Type it correctly.
4. lick the ‘Go’ button on the screen keyboard.
5. Wait…….!!!! the page is loading..!! You now have to click the menu button on the top right. From the drop down menu choose the ‘Fullscreen Mode’ When you are done with it. now, you can press the menu button on your ‘remote’ to exit the full screen.
6. Scroll down to the Downloads section on the web page and open the link ‘Stable version
7. Wait for the file to download
8. Click the ‘Install’ button on the pop-up that appears on the screen. Just after the download has finished. commonly the installation will start just on the moment.
9. You will now see a new screen titled ‘Smart YouTube TV’ asking for your consent to install the app. Click the ‘Install’ button on the bottom right of the screen to continue
10. Be patient, Once the app is installed, the confirmation window saying, ‘App installed’. You have two options, one is that to click ‘DONE’ to go back to the Downloader interface and open YouTube TV later or you can select ‘OPEN’ to run the app right away.
11. If you ask my opinion i always click DONE as it drives me back to the Downloader app. Now, there’s not any need of APK file longer because it is now already been installed.
This is how we install YouTube on Fire Stick and Fire TV devices.
You are still in Downloader full-screen mode, exit it by pressing the Menu button on your remote. Also, close the Downloader app.
Let us look at the YouTube TV app we installed on Fire Stick device.
Getting YouTube on Fire Stick Tv Ready
Return to the FireStick home screen. You might not see the YouTube TV listed in your ‘Apps and Games’ section. You are also allowed to move the YouTube TV icon on the home screen. This is totally on your own will. But, having the app you use frequently on the home screen makes things a tad easier.
Here are the steps to move the icon.
#1. Hold down the Home button on your remote and select ‘Apps’ from the menu.
#2. Now take a look at the the list of all your installed apps
#3. Recent installed applications are usually towards the bottom of the list. navigate to the bottom and select YouTube TV app
#4. Tap the ‘Options’ button on your remote and select ‘Move’ from that.
#5. Move the YouTube TV icon wherever you want to place it. so that it appears on your FireStick home screen
#6. Click the ‘Select’ button to drop the icon and put it in the desired place
#7. Now return to the FireStick home screen and you will see the YouTube TV app right there
Setting Up YouTube TV on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Here let us quickly set the app so that you can start watching it. You just have to follow each step very carefully and with full concentration.
Launch YouTube TV on your Fire Stick device. You should see 4 different versions of YouTube:
- 4K: MiTV and Others
- 4K: Alt version
720p and 1080p are the most commonly used versions. If you are having the most recent Fire TV device that supports 4K and also the TV set supporting this high resolution, you might try 4K versions as well.
Here in this article you will be shown how to get the 1080 version working.
YouTube TV on FireStick requires the Crosswalk Project Service installed. Following are the steps that guide you to install. In the following steps, we will learn to install this service.
#1. Click the 1080 version card as shown in the image below
#2. In case you don’t have Crosswalk Project Service already installed, you will see the message saying it is not installed and you must install it first from the app store
#3. The next screen, Tap the ‘Install’ button on the bottom right.
#4. Click ‘Done’ when the ‘App Installed’ notification appears.
FIX: What if I Cannot Install Crosswalk?
If the error notification occurs that Crosswalk is not supported on your device, we suggest to download it from the Aptoide TV.
Make sure that ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ is enabled. Here are steps:
- Install Google Play Store Alternative on Fire Stick , get Aptoide TV on your Fire TV Stick.
- After the app is installed Tap ‘Open’ button on the bottom right
- Soon after the Aptoide TV app opens, click on the ‘Search’ icon
- Type in ‘Crosswalk Project’ when the onscreen keyboard appears and then click ‘Next’ button
- You will now receive the ‘No results found for crosswalk project’ message. you can see ‘Crosswalk’ in the ‘Unfiltered results’ section. Hit it now.
- ‘Install’ button is there and allow it to go through the installation process
Getting Started with YouTube TV
Now, you are all set to start the YouTube app on FireStick It might occur that you may or may not be asked about the up gradation of the app. Here is how you get started:
#1. Run the YouTube TV app from the home screen or go to the Apps section and run it from there
#2. You are welcomed with the ‘Sign in’ prompt. You can sign in right now or you can ignore it and click ‘Not Now’. Watch most YouTube videos without signing in. You can sign into your account later
#3. If a new version is available, you will be asked to upgrade. As told before it on your own. Click ‘Upgrade’ to get the new version or ‘Cancel’ to continue with the existing one.
#4. If you click Upgrade the newer version will be installed.
When the app is launched, you are again presented with the resolution-based versions that we have already talked about. The resolution that best suits your Fire Stick device and TV set and you are all set to stream YouTube on Fire Stick.
We have category menu nicely on the top and the popular and trending video. There is a search button as well to look up for the content you want to watch.
Sign in: Optional
As told before that the sign-in is optional. I suggest you to do it. Let you see all your existing subscriptions, playlists, and History associated with your Google ID with which you are using with YouTube on Fire Stick.
Look through the procedure of Sign in:
- On FireStick: Open the YouTube TV app
- On FireStick: Move to the left using the remote until a pop-up slide out with the ‘Sign in’ option
- On FireStick: Hit ‘Sign in’
- On FireStick: A window will appear with an activation code and demanding to use your phone or computer to go to youtube.com/activate
- On your Computer or Mobile: Open this link on any web browser and sign in with the Google ID for YouTube,
- On your Computer or Mobile: Enter the activation code and click ‘Next’ and confirm your action by clicking ‘Allow’.
- ON FireStick: The Sign in prompt with the activation code will now disappear and you are now logged in to your official YouTube account on YouTube TV for Fire Stick
This is all…..!!!!!! enjoy till here 🙂
This was the process to get YouTube on Fire Stick it would be great if you directly download it form the Amazon Store. I hope that the dispute between the two digital giants, Google and Amazon, will end soon and we will have the official YouTube app up for grabs in the Amazon Store
This app binds directly with your YouTube account and gets all the YouTube videos you would like to watch. The installation process is not exactly what you would call straightforward
Before you leave, don’t forget to check out how to Update kodi on Fire Stick. I hope you have enjoyed learning How to Install YouTube on Fire Stick / Fire TV…….. 🙂
For queries visit the comment section. 😀